Fostering life long skills beyond the classroom
Mathematics is used in everyday life. The fundamental mathematical skills students develop during their education will enable them to make decisions and solve daily problems in their personal and professional life.
At Morley Senior High School students can study Mathematics at a variety of levels. All of our courses are designed to maximise the potential of students, and engage them in real life situations where math can be applied.
Students will develop mathematical problem solving skills with the ability to investigate, interpret and convey mathematical ideas. We integrate technology into the curriculum in a creative and appropriate manner, to help students visualise problems and enhance their understanding of the methods used.
Programs we offer
The syllabus for Years 7-10 is based on the Western Australian Curriculum covering the following areas:
- Number and Algebra
- Measurement and Geometry
- Statistics and Probability
We also integrate:
- NAPLAN – Year 7 and Year 9 students are required to sit the NAPLAN numeracy test.
- Australian Mathematics Competition – every year students from all years are invited to participate. The competition requires students to test their knowledge and skills across various mathematical situations.
- World of Maths – Yrs 7 and 8 – students apply problem solving skills through hands on activities.
- Murodch University – STEM workshops engage students from yrs 7 to 10 through fun curriculum linked STEM workshops and activities.
- Have Sum Fun Online – foster mathematical problem solving for students from yrs 7 to 9.
In Years 11 and 12, students have the option of choosing Mathematics Essential, Mathematics Methods, Mathematics Applications and Mathematics Specialist
The Mathematics Department takes a collaborative approach to course review and development to ensure students achieve outcomes that are consistent with their potential.
Ready to enrol? We welcome you to join us at Morley Senior High School. Contact the school office to find out more.